Are you looking for a festive, easy St. Patrick’s Day treats? We’ve got just the ticket! These St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Dipped Oreos are delicious and always a favorite. They are easy enough to make that the kids will have a great time helping! You can use semi-sweet chocolate or white chocolate dipped oreos as you prefer. Here is how make these yummy treats for St Patrick’s day.
St. Patricks Day Treats Tutorial: How To Dip Oreos In Chocolate
If you are to find easy St Patricks day treats to make, you are in the right place. Here is how to make chocolate dipped Oreos. This is fun and easy and your kids will probably have a blast helping you. After all you doesn’t like decorating with jimmies, nonpareils, sugar pearls, sanding sugar, edible glitter, or your favorite type of sprinkles?
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies – if you can find green stuffed mint Oreos, even better
- White Candy Melts or Ghirardelli Melting Wafers (these are my favorite and they come in white chocolate, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate)
- Green and gold sprinkles
I like Ghirardelli because they make good quality chocolate and that is where all the extra flavor is in this easy recipe.
How To Make Easy St Patricks Day Treats
First, gather your ingredients and get out some parchment paper and a baking sheet.
Place the melting wafers into a microwave safe bowl. Then, heat the candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. If it is not completely melted, heat for another 15 seconds. Then remove and stir well. Repeat heating until the candy is completely melted and smooth.
Dip each Oreo halfway into your bowl of melted chocolate. If needed, use a spoon to carefully spread the excess chocolate or candy melts evenly over half of the cookie.
Place the half-way dipped cookie onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. The chocolate will harden quickly if you don’t work fast. So it is nice you can dip and place the cookies on the lined baking sheet while somebody else does the next step and decorates with sprinkles. If not you may have to reheat the chocolate when it starts to thicken too much.
Sprinkle the melted chocolate with gold and green sprinkles. Leave them on the parchment paper until the chocolate has become hard again. This usually takes about 10 minutes in the fridge or around 20 minutes at room temperature. And that is how you make chocolate dipped Oreos- so easy!
The entire process does not take that long and you end up with festive, special treat.
Be sure to store them in an airtight container so the Oreo cookie does not become soggy. I am a huge Oreo love and a huge chocolate lover so what could be better? Plus, it is so easy easy to make these sweet treats coordinate with any special occasion. For example, just use pink sprinkles for valentine’s day.
I like chocolate dipped Oreos better than chocolate-covered Oreos because I can still see the Oreo and that makes them more appealing to me. I like to know what I am eating! If you prefer chocolate covered, hold the top edge of the cookie and dip horizontally to the layer of melted chocolate.
Printable Recipe Card
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Treats: Chocolate Dipped Oreos
These delicious chocolate dipped Oreos are so easy to make and you can add fun holiday colored sprinkles to make the custom for any occasion. Recipe for milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate cover.
This recipe calls for both white chocolate melting wafers and dark or milk chocolate melting wafers. If you prefer only one or the other then adjust accordingly by using a full 16 oz of your preferred variety.
If the melted chocolate should begin to thicken as you work, place it back into the microwave for another 15 seconds and stir to soften.
- 1 standard 14.3-ounce package of regular Oreo cookie (36 cookies)
- 8 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers (or dark chocolate melting wafers)
- 8 oz Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/4 cup colored sugar sprinkles
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Pour one type of melting wafters into a microwave-safe bowl. Then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
- If it is not yet melted so that it becomes smooth and creamy, when you stir, microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Remove and stir well.
- Repeat the 15 seconds and stirring until it is completely melted and smooth.
- Moving at a fast rate so that your melted chocolate does not harden, dip each Oreo halfway and lay on the sheet.
- When you finish a row, go ahead and decorate with the sprinkles.
- Keep dipping, laying on the sheet, and adding the sprinkles at the end of each row.
- Repeat this process with the a second bowl and the second kind of chocolate.
- Place the chocolate dipped Oreos in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove and eat or store in an airtight container.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Treats: Chocolate Dipped Oreos
|Amount Per Serving:|
|% Daily Value*|
| Total Fat |
|Saturated Fat 1.3 g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.01 g|
| Cholesterol |
| Sodium |
| Total Carbohydrate |
|Dietary Fiber 0.6 g||0%|
|Sugars 7.65 g|
| Protein |
|Vitamin A 0.12 µg||Vitamin C 0.0 mg|
|Calcium 5.7 mg||Iron 1.74 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
© 2023 Copyright Family Focus Blog
You can package these special little treats in individual treat bags or even put them on paper lollipop sticks if you’d like! You can fill a black pot with these easy St. Patrick’s Day treats for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It would make a cute centerpiece and be perfect for a St.Patrick’s day party as would these cute St. Patrick’s day tic-tac-toe printables.
Think about making these easy treats for different holidays or occasions using different colors of candy melt or the appropriate holiday sprinkles. They would make great treats for bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, Spring, Fall, and really any time! The whole family will love them! Share your pics @familyfocusblog!
St. Patricks Day Activities For Kids
4 Fun St. Patrick’s Day Snacks